CapitaLand Investment Limited (SGX: 9CI) – Opportunity Following Dividend and Rights IssuePublished On: 30 April 2023, 12:00 AM | Sean Ng, Dealer
- 9CI’s share price has recently fallen after issuing its dividend of $0.12 along with 0.057 shares of CapitaLand Ascott Trust (HMN) per share.
- From the chart, the orange, blue and black exponential moving averages (EMAs) represent the 20, 50 and 100 time periods respectively.
- As of 28/04/23 market close, the daily chart shows that price has rebounded slightly off the long term 100-day black EMA.
- RSI has also dipped following this gap down in price signalling downward momentum.
- When the next daily candle breaks above the high of the 28/04/23 candle, we can look to take a long trade and take profit at around the $3.88 level.
- However, if price breaks below the 100-day black EMA again, we can look to enter a short trade and take profit at around the $3.60 level, where the previous gap up occurred.
This material is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the investment product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and not liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of your acting based on this information. Investments are subject to investment risks. The risk of loss in leveraged trading can be substantial. You may sustain losses in excess of your initial funds and may be called upon to deposit additional margin funds at short notice. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your positions may be liquidated. The resulting deficits in your account are subject to penalty charges. The value of investments denominated in foreign currencies may diminish or increase due to changes in the rates of exchange. You should also be aware of the commissions and finance costs involved in trading leveraged products. This product may not be suitable for clients whose investment objective is preservation of capital and/or whose risk tolerance is low. Clients are advised to understand the nature and risks involved in margin trading. You may wish to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, pursuant to a separate engagement, before making a commitment to purchase any of the investment products mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to obtain advice from a qualifies financial adviser, you should assess and consider whether the investment product is suitable for you before proceeding to invest and we do not offer any advice in this regard unless mandated to do so by way of a separate engagement. You are advised to read the trading account Terms & Conditions and Risk Disclosure Statement (available online at www.poems.com.sg) before trading in this product. Any CFD offered is not approved or endorsed by the issuer or originator of the underlying securities and the issuer or originator is not privy to the CFD contract. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.