UK Oil At Support After Strong Correction DownPublished On: 22 Mar 2021, 9:00 AM | Jeraldine Tan, Senior Dealer
- UK Oil started its rally since the start of February on the back of the demand recovery story from Covid-19 demand destruction from lower industrial runs and vehicle use.
- This increase was accelerated when the US faced a cold snap which extended to the Gulf coast which saw US crude production affected, causing a global shortage of crude oil.
- The market cooled off when traders started thinking OPEC will loosen their production cuts given oil prices have reverted to pre-covid levels. However OPEC’s decision to maintain cuts came as a surprise and sent markets higher. Point to note is that this is in nominal terms – USD has depreciated and hence one has to adjust for this when considering historicals.
- Most recently, oil saw a $5 fall, a biggest move in recent months, which seems to be due to less than expected recovery figures as well as a lackluster Chinese demand for crude oil.
- Market has retraced to a prior support level and saw some rebound on Friday when news of Saudi being attacked was released. It could be said the effects of this attack have been priced in and given no other change in fundamentals the market may be poised to drift lower.
This material is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the investment product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and not liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of your acting based on this information.
Investments are subject to investment risks. The risk of loss in leveraged trading can be substantial. You may sustain losses in excess of your initial funds and may be called upon to deposit additional margin funds at short notice. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your positions may be liquidated. The resulting deficits in your account are subject to penalty charges. The value of investments denominated in foreign currencies may diminish or increase due to changes in the rates of exchange. You should also be aware of the commissions and finance costs involved in trading leveraged products. This product may not be suitable for clients whose investment objective is preservation of capital and/or whose risk tolerance is low. Clients are advised to understand the nature and risks involved in margin trading.
You may wish to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, pursuant to a separate engagement, before making a commitment to purchase any of the investment products mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to obtain advice from a qualifies financial adviser, you should assess and consider whether the investment product is suitable for you before proceeding to invest and we do not offer any advice in this regard unless mandated to do so by way of a separate engagement. You are advised to read the trading account Terms & Conditions and Risk Disclosure Statement (available online at www.poems.com.sg) before trading in this product.
Any CFD offered is not approved or endorsed by the issuer or originator of the underlying securities and the issuer or originator is not privy to the CFD contract. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.