Micro Hong Kong CFD Trading
Eyeing on popular Hong Kong equity counters like Meituan, Alibaba, JD.com, Xiaomi, Tencent, but hesitant due to the steep share prices? Keen to enhance your portfolio’s performance but not sure where to start? Well, look no further as you can now trade selected HK Equity CFDs from 1 Unit only!
 Please click here for the full list of 100 HK Equity CFD counters that are available for the promotion.
Benefits of Micro HK CFD Trading
By being able to invest in as little as 1 unit, no HK counter will be too expensive and out of your reach.
For example, if you only have HK$1,000 and want to buy Tencent shares (margin of 10%, trading at HK$500). Purchasing the full 100 board lot of shares upfront is a very huge amount, but with CFDs you will be able to buy a smaller portion of those shares.
|Trading Using Shares||Trading Using CFDs|
|Capital required to buy minimum of 100 shares:
100 x $500
= $50,000 HKD
|Number of shares you can buy using CFD:
$1,000 HKD / ($500 x 10%)
= 20 shares (round down)Commission paid for CFD: $50 HKD
For illustration purposes only, excludes other financing costs
You will still be entitled to dividends and other corporate actions* even though the shares are not the board lot size. In the event of corporate actions like stock split, stock consolidation or rights issues, you will only be entitled to the quantity rounded down as fractional shares are not catered for.
*Do take note that clients will be required to liquidate their positions for corporate actions that we do not cater for.
You no longer have to buy the full board lot size. With the same amount of money, you will be able to buy a much wider range of HK counters and achieve a higher level of diversification as compared to before.
You can now trade just 1 unit of a selected HK Counter CFD instead of the board lot to track an industry or test the market to give you confirmation before you commit to a full market entry.
Trade on our award-winning suite of POEMS Platform. Open a CFD Account now!
Can Value Be Found in Alibaba Group Holding?
- With Ant Group’s IPO suspended as well as Alibaba’s regulatory issues, is there still potential for value for Alibaba Group Holding?
- Even though Alibaba’s share price has plunged, their fundamentals are still intact and is still known as the No.1 e-commerce group in the world.
- Read our latest market journal to find out more about the next phase of Alibaba’s growth as well as how you can take advantage of CFDs to trade Alibaba!
Watch our past webinar as our dealer, Sun Wanxin, explained the China and Hong Kong's New Economy in 2021
List of selected HK Equity CFD Counters
|2||1299.HK||AIA GROUP LIMITED|
|4||3988.HK||Bank of China|
|6||2388.HK||BOC Hong Kong|
|7||1038.HK||Cheung Kong Infrastructure Hldgs Ltd.|
|8||1113.HK||CK Asset Holdings|
|9||0939.HK||China Construction Bank|
|12||0688.HK||China Overseas Land & Investment Ltd.|
|13||1093.HK||CSPC Pharmaceutical Group|
|14||1109.HK||China Resources Land Ltd|
|15||0836.HK||China Resources Power|
|18||0001.HK||CK Hutchison Holdings|
|21||2007.HK||Country Garden Holdings Co Ltd|
|23||0175.HK||Geely Automobile Hldgs|
|24||6862.HK||Haidilao International Holding|
|25||0101.HK||Hang Lung Properties Ltd|
|26||0011.HK||Hang Seng Bank Ltd.|
|27||0012.HK||Henderson Land Dev
|29||0003.HK||HK & CHINA GAS|
|33||9618.HK||JD.Com – CL A|
|35||3690.HK||Meituan – W|
|36||2319.HK||Mengniu Dairy Co|
|38||0017.HK||New World Dev|
|40||2318.HK||Ping An Insurance (Grp)|
|42||1928.HK||Sands China Ltd|
|45||0016.HK||Sun Hung Kai Properties Ltd.|
|47||0019.HK||Swire Pacific Ltd. A|
|48||0700.HK||Tencent Holdings Ltd|
|49||1997.HK||Wharf Real Estate|
Please note that the following 50 additional counters will only be available for trading from 3rd May 2021 onwards.
|52||0241.HK||Alibaba Health Information Tech Ltd|
|53||0914.HK||Anhui Conch Cement Co.Ltd|
|55||9888.HK||Baidu – Class A|
|56||0023.HK||Bank Of East Asia Ltd.|
|57||9626.HK||Bilibili – Class Z|
|61||0386.HK||China Petroleum & Chemical Co|
|62||3188.HK||CHINAAMC CSI 300 INDEX ETF|
|63||6030.HK||Citic Securities Co Ltd|
|64||2822.HK||CSOP A50 ETF|
|65||3033.HK||CSOP Hang Seng TECH Index ETF|
|67||2333.HK||Great Wall Motor|
|68||6837.HK||Haitong Securities Co Ltd|
|69||3032.HK||Hang Seng Tech Index ETF|
|70||2833.HK||HS HSI ETF|
|71||1347.HK||Hua Hong Semiconductor Ltd|
|73||2823.HK||IShares Asia Trust – A50CHINATRACKER|
|74||6618.HK||JD Health International|
|80||2282.HK||MGM CHINA HOLDINGS LTD|
|85||1833.HK||Ping An Healthcare And Tech|
|87||2196.HK||Shanghai Fosun Pharma (Group) Co Ltd|
|88||1099.HK||Sinopharm Group Co. Ltd|
|92||0168.HK||Tsingtao Brewery Co. Ltd|
|93||2338.HK||WeiChai Power Co. Ltd|
|95||2269.HK||Wuxi Biologics Cayman|
|98||6060.HK||Zhongan Online P&C
Terms & Conditions
- This promotion is valid from 3 January 2023 to 31 December 2023 (“Promotion Period”), both dates inclusive, for the following Contracts for Differences (CFDs) products (“Eligible CFD Products”):
- Equities CFD for 100 Hong Kong Counters
- Minimum commission for the 100 participating Hong Kong counters will be HK$50. Prevailing commission rates will still apply.
- In the event if the underlying CFD counter is issuing a cash dividend, a cash adjustment will be made to your CFD account with reference to the dividend attributable to the underlying CFD counter.
- In the event if the underlying CFD counter is going through any corporate action (Stock Split, Stock Consolidation, Rights Issue etc.), appropriate adjustment if any will be made to the contract value of relevant CFD and/or related contract quantity. The quantity will be rounded down to the nearest contract.
- This promotion is applicable to the following (“Eligible Accounts”):
- All Phillip Securities Pte Ltd (“PSPL”) Customers with a CFD account
- Standard Commission Rates, Finance Charges and prevailing exchange rates apply.
- The following Customers are NOT eligible to participate in this promotion unless approved by the management of PSPL:
- All employees of PSPL / Phillip Futures Pte Ltd (“PFPL”) and its associated entities (e.g. trading representatives, financial adviser representatives); PSPL and all its subsidiaries (direct or indirect); and their immediate families (e.g. spouse and children).
- In the event of a dispute over the Customer’s eligibility to participate in this promotion, PSPL’s decision will be final.
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained, PSPL reserves the right at any time in its absolute discretion to (i) amend, add and / or delete these Terms and Conditions without prior notification (including eligibility; replacement of the prize; promotional mechanics, promotion duration without prior notification, qualifying terms and criteria), and all participants shall be bound by such amendments, additions and / or deletions when effected, or (ii) vary, withdraw, or cancel any items or the promotion without having to disclose a reason thereof and without any compensation or payment whatsoever. PSPL’s decision on all matters relating to the promotion shall be final and binding on all participants.
- This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
- By taking part in this promotion, the participant acknowledges that he / she has read and consented to these Terms & Conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
All Phillip Securities Pte Ltd customers with a CFD account will qualify for the promotion.
No, you do not need to register for the promotion. You will just need to make a trade in any of the 100 counters listed.
This promotion is valid until 31 December 2023, date inclusive.
Instead of investing or trading based on the full board lot size, micro trading allows you to place positions as small as a single contract.
In the event the stock has a cash dividend, a cash adjustment will be made to your CFD account with reference to the dividend attributable to the underlying CFD counter.
7. What happens when the underlying CFD counter is going through a corporate action like stock split or stock consolidation?
Appropriate adjustment if any will be made to the contract value of relevant CFD and/or related contract quantity. The quantity will be rounded down to the nearest contract.
Why trade CFDs with us?
Trade on our award-winning suite of POEMS Platform. Open a CFD Account now!
Ongoing CFD Promotions
This material is provided to you for general information only and does not constitute a recommendation, an offer or solicitation to buy or sell the investment product mentioned. It does not have any regard to your specific investment objectives, financial situation or any of your particular needs. Accordingly, no warranty whatsoever is given and no liability whatsoever is accepted for any loss arising whether directly or indirectly as a result of your acts based on this information.
Investments are subject to investment risks. The risk of loss in leveraged trading can be substantial. You may sustain losses in excess of your initial funds and may be called upon to deposit additional margin funds at short notice. If the required funds are not provided within the prescribed time, your positions may be liquidated. The resulting deficits in your account are subject to penalty charges. The value of investments denominated in foreign currencies may diminish or increase due to changes in the rates of exchange. You should also be aware of the commissions and finance costs involved in trading leveraged products. This product may not be suitable for clients whose investment objective is preservation of capital and/or whose risk tolerance is low. Clients are advised to understand the nature and risks involved in margin trading.
You may wish to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, pursuant to a separate engagement, before making a commitment to purchase any of the investment products mentioned herein. In the event that you choose not to obtain advice from a qualified financial adviser, you should assess and consider whether the investment product is suitable for you before proceeding to invest and we do not offer any advice in this regard unless mandated to do so by way of a separate engagement. You are advised to read the trading account Terms & Conditions and Risk Disclosure Statement (available online at www.poems.com.sg) before trading in this product.
Any CFD offered is not approved or endorsed by the issuer or originator of the underlying securities and the issuer or originator is not privy to the CFD contract. This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.